4141 Cedar Avenue, Minneapolis
Founded in 1949, the company was originally called Material Handling Engineers, Inc. It grew from a small office in downtown Minneapolis to its first place of business large enough to accommodate parts and service.
2701 East 78th Street, Bloomington
The company continued to grow and in 1965 moved to a larger facility in Bloomington.
501 W 78th Street, Bloomington
In 1974, a building specifically designed for the forklift business was built for the ever expanding company. Additions to the building were made in 1976 and 1995. In 1996, the building next door was purchased to add shop and storage space.
In 1983, the company name was changed to Clarklift of Minnesota when Koch and Hoy retired, and Richard Beske and Clayton Schubert purchased their stock. In 1990, Clayton Schubert and his son Jeff Schubert purchased Richard Beske's stock. Current ownership is comprised of Clayton Schubert, his son Jeff Schubert, and five key employees: Kevin Uecker, Sid Lemcke, Larry Carpenter, Chad Lentz and Keith Nichols.
In 2001, our name changed to Forklifts of Minnesota in order to reflect the many lines of forklifts we carry. Over the years, we have expanded the lines we carry in order to provide our customers a wide-range of material handling equipment. We are now the authorized forklift dealership for Clark, UniCarriers, Doosan, BT Prime-Mover, Advance Sweeper/Scrubber products, JLG aerial lifts, and Manitou rough terrain forklifts. Forklifts of Minnesota also sells racking, shelving and related material handling products in addition to forklift trucks. The company stocks a wide range of products and has in-house computer-aided design capability to design the most effective warehouse layouts for our customers.
2201 W 94th Street, Bloomington
In October 2009, a new facility, specially designed for the forklift business, was built for the ever expanding company. This is the company's current location. The new building is 64,000 square feet on approximately 5 acres, located at the south east corner of 94th Street and Penn Avenue in Bloomington.
FORKLIFTS OF NORTH DAKOTA
1734 East Main, West Fargo
Forklifts of Minnesota has maintained a branch office, Forklifts of North Dakota, in West Fargo, North Dakota for over forty-five years.
1808 East Main, West Fargo
In December 2006, Forklifts of Minnesota moved the Forklifts of North Dakota Branch to it's new home.
Between the locations in Bloomington, West Fargo, Bismarck, and the strategic locations of resident mechanics and salespeople, we are now in our 66th year as a forklift dealer for all of Minnesota, North Dakota and Western Wisconsin. Its combined 89,000 sq ft of floor space and 130 employees make it one of the largest forklift dealers in the area.
960 Industrial Drive - Bismarck, North Dakota
The Western part of North Dakota is prospering because of oil exploration in the Northwest part of the state. To try to benefit from this business, Forklifts of North Dakota has rented a more visible space in Bismarck, ND which is located at 960 Industrial Drive on Bismarck’s expressway.